- Sandra Aguilera. Institut d’Estudis Regionals i Metropolitans de Barcelona
- Àlex Costa. Ajuntament de Barcelona
- Dolors Cotrina. Ajuntament de Barcelona
- Enric Puig. Ajuntament de Barcelona
- Vittorio Galletto. Institut d’Estudis Regionals i Metropolitans de Barcelona
- Josep Lluís Raymond. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is a key indicator in urban economics, as it is included in the methodological manuals on urban statistics both at the international (UN-Habitat) and European (Eurostat) levels. However, most Spanish cities do not have an estimate of GDP. In addition, some of the cities that do have a GDP estimate are poorly updated since they do not have an annual series and, if they are located in different regions (Autonomous Communities CCAA), the comparability of the results among them cannot be guaranteed. The aim of this work is to contribute to fill this information gap by presenting a methodology for GDP estimation at the city level based on the estimation of differential productivities by sector of the city with respect to its region.